Copyright 2015 • St. Aloysius School, New Canaan, CT. • All Rights Reserved
- After reading a variety of Eric Carle’s books in September, the 1st grade class followed Eric Carle’s style of illustration to create images of Joseph and Jesus using glue and colorful tissue paper.
33 South Avenue
New Canaan, CT 06840
P (203) 966-0786
F (203) 972-6960
- It runs in the family! Teddy Klein and Gretchen Klein snatch First Place for 5th grade and 2nd grade races respectively in the New Canaan Blazers Invitational at Waveny Park.
- St. A's Kindergarten and First Grade learn fire safety lessons from New Canaan's finest.
Checking out the rescue truck & learning safety lessons!
October 23, 2014
- The 7th and 8th graders enjoy a field trip to the Roosevelt and Vanderbuilt homes in Hyde Park.
November 2014 -
The St. Aloysius Cross Country Team participated in their Championship Race on Wednesday, Nov.5th, at Sherwood Island. The runners excelled in all ways, especially with great sportsmanship and attitude. St. Aloysius placed 1st overall in the 5th and 7th grade boys' races and took 2nd place in the 5th grade girls' race. Three other runners won special recognition for coming in the top 10 for the season. All of the team’s runners did an outstanding job, finishing well every race. Congratulations to the St. Aloysius Cross Country Team!
- Wearing their pajamas and toting their stuffed animals, students of St. A.’s turned out for this year’s “Starry Story Night", an evening of picture book readings presented by the Lower School Faculty as well as an Upper School Teacher – and new mom- Mrs. DeSousa. Choosing from any Lower School classroom, students could see and hear a St. A.’s teacher read from beloved picture books.
- Eighth grade students prepared bags for Thanksgiving Food Drive donations which were distributed at St. Aloysius Parish. The students were led by Chris Otis, head of Youth Ministries. The food drive was in support of the Parish's area ministries.
- St. Aloysius School held its annual Science Fair on February 11, 2015. Both the judges and the viewing audience applauded our students' determination and creativity. The Scientific Method was used to investigate real-world problems and construct appropriate solutions using 21st century skills. Congratulations to all of our students who worked so hard and so long.
- St. Aloysius School is proud to announce that Max Engel, a fifth grade student, won First Place in the DAR American History Essay Contest.
New Canaan's Hannah Benedict Carter Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution sponsor an annual American History Essay Contest for grades 5,6,7, and 8. In commemoration of Ellis Island's 125th anniversary as an immigration station, this year's theme was "A Child's Journey Through Ellis Island". Participants were to imagine him or herself traveling through Ellis Island in 1892 as described in a fictional narrative to a cousin who had never heard of Ellis Island.
Presenting the award is
Diane Wells, Regent of the
Hannah Benedict Carter
8th Grade Skating Party at Chelsea Piers